At the beginning of February the official site Jawbone has at last published the detailed information about a long-waited novelty – a fitness-tracker Jawbone UP 3.
We have to admit that up till now the fellows from the world largest sports goods Company have been long waiting. The release of a unique tracker has been long postponing despite the start of preliminary bracelet sales.
We can’t say that it was something completely unknown, all information about the omnipotent bracelet has been already available. However, the buyers have been always taking interest in more details. That is precisely what the fans of Jawbone brand have been lacking. At last, we can learn something new.
What have we known before? What do we know now?
As we have already told, the device section on the official site of Jawbone has been renovated with the following information:
- the product card and detailed information about UP3;
- announcement of the gadget compatibility with the largest mobile ОС from Android and Apple;
- the updated price of the novelty amounting «about 150$»; then another update: the pre-order for America – 179,99$ .
- FAQ about all functions of the bracelet.
Some information has been long known (thanks to journalists). Something couldn’t even be imagined. The pieces of the puzzle called Jawbone UP 3 have become more numerous now. This time it is a really revolutionary gadget.
Why so? Read and know that:
1. The firm updated the activity sensors: they can distinguish «yoga» and «running», «bicycle riding» and «power loading»;
2. UP3 can work excellent under water: both in sauna and a pond with the depth up to 10 meters;
3. It measures the pulse by a revolutionary way of “bioimpedance” – slightly hits the carrier with current and measures the pulse by the resistance level of skin tissue!!! The body temperature measurements and the working time up to 7 days without recharging are not worth even mentioning here …, they are self-evident.
4. Jawbone improved fastening: now the tracker can’t slip off even the completely untrained hand;
5. The developers protected the button of the bracelet activation from outside injuries.
Sounds cool. There is only one shortcoming: fitness fans which have made the preorders still can’t test “the gadget of their dream” in fact and effect. And delights of the fans on forums and in social networks are changing gradually into discontent and perplexity… .
Questions and fears: what are absentee buyers of Jawbone UP 3 afraid of?
It’s not only the term of the model release that enrages fans and causes sharp questions.
We have examined all the fears of future users:
1. Glitches and lags. The preceding models of Jawbone failed rather often in an absurd and perfidious way. In 5-6 months after purchasing they ceased to charge and synchronize with computers… even the hardest reset could do nothing.
“What was written much about happened with me. The battery stopped charging, the button began to dangle after having been pressed regularly, and what concerns the application it couldn’t recognise the bracelet even when turned up”, - that was the anonymous review we have found in Net.
Our author Dr. Anatom has also recollected some cheeks of Jawbone:
“Yes, the bracelet looked very stylish and managed the announced functions of sleep and activity tracker well. Convenient both phone and tablet app with a good visualization of “successes”. But reliability leaves much to be desired. The first bracelet croaked in a month, the second one came under warranty died in half a year”.
Will the updated tracker inherit these problems? We may only guess.
2. Unfulfilled promises. It is clear yet that before the start of sales the developers of the bracelet won’t have enough time to keep some of their promises. One of them is the realization of GPS function in the tracker. It is clear that it would impact the device charging, but then what for was it announced?
One more example is a “varied” design of the bracelet. The project official release has told about different colors of UP3, but till now… only black and grey models of the tracker are available. Many users have been upset by the fact.
3. Will the preorder be enough for all? The world stock-jobbing around the device is hard to overestimate. Fans and experts have already named it the “event of the year in the world of sports gadgets”. But the postponing of official sales start and the preorder procedure launched beforehand have struck a real phobia into buyers – what if the products don’t suffice for everyone?
“We too are tired to expect: so many preliminary orders and no bracelets. I am afraid that the first parties won’t be enough for all”, - the owner of an internet-shop made the comment on the purchase situation for our portal.
4. Safety problem. We are talking about the notorious “electrical” measurement of heartbeat rate of the bracelet’s carrier. This novelty still causes much argument. The “bioimpendance” method provokes a large number of questions concerning its reliability and accuracy. It is left to trust the famous name of Company which would hardly arm itself with the unpromising technology.
It seems paradoxical but the subordinates of Hussain Rehman have become hostages of their popularity. As well as their slowness. The more popular is the product, the greater is the demand to its creators. Their new tracker can become the discovery of the year. Or the greatest disappointment of 2015. The number of questions and claims to them is increasing each month of sluggishness.
And how else? Nobody has abolished the eternal truth - “accuracy is the politeness of kings”. Jawbone devices have always been remarkable for their accuracy. This time we can’t say the same about their creators regarding the working term.
Probably, the point here is that they don’t have worthy competitors in sports gadgets market. No one can compare with Jawbone in the industry of fitness trackers. That is why Jawbone can indulge itself in taking a pause. Though … everything is not so simple. The same Basis Peak is stepping on the heel – their devices have been already beating Jawbone at certain parameters!
While we can only wait. If their product meet the expectations of fans in the end, they will soon forget about all unpleasant moments. As for the fame, it will remain. Such is the market and such are the rules of game. Nothing to be done.